Repairing and refurbishing . questions to ACE

Moderators: Roman_TS, Maxim_TS, Filipp_TS

Tawfeek

Repairing and refurbishing . questions to ACE

Postby Tawfeek » 11.07.16, 20:57

we all here Know that ACE laboratory is the best and can make everything referred by Hard disks repairing and recovery in the world . so i want to ask
about some functions and options we found in another tools and programs and we didt find here in our pc3000 ,

1- self test in Seagate f3 and cut head in almost f3 families
2- Arco in western online and offline and selftest in new wd families
3- Samsung burin in new families and new burn scripts

you know all other tools . so i will not say any names here .

why you don't care about repairing options as you care about recovery . it's important also to repair even our donors

DataMedics
Advanced user

Re: Repairing and refurbishing . questions to ACE

Postby DataMedics » 13.07.16, 22:28

Personally I'd rather them keep investing their time into newer and more advanced features for data recovery, such as better support for SSHD's with NAND issues, etc. I think most PC-3000 owners feel that it's a waste of equipment time to bother refurbishing drives, when you can make 10x the money recovering them.

Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
Advanced user

Postby Amarbir[CDR-Labs] » 14.07.16, 13:26

DataMedics wrote:Source of the post Personally I'd rather them keep investing their time into newer and more advanced features for data recovery, such as better support for SSHD's with NAND issues, etc. I think most PC-3000 owners feel that it's a waste of equipment time to bother refurbishing drives, when you can make 10x the money recovering them.

Buddy,
You Have That Opinion Not everyone .Come To India Or Pakistan And Then Watch The Fun
Regards
Amarbir S Dhillon ,CDR Labs [ Chandigarh ,India ]
DataRecovery - The Affordable Way In India
Visit - > http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com My Facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/chandigarhdatarecovery

DataMedics
Advanced user

Postby DataMedics » 14.07.16, 19:57

Here's what I'm saying:

I've got 4 channels on my express card. I can do one of the following with those four channels on a given day
  • Refurbish four hard drives and sell them at around $40-50/ea ($45 x 4 = $180)
  • Recover four drives at around $300-650/ea ($450 x 4 = $1800)

So, to me it makes a lot more sense to put the research into recovery. Besides, most guys buying tools for just refurbishing aren't spending the money for PC-3000, they go with a cheaper tool like MRT or Dophin. PC-3000 is the best for data recovery, Ace is doing their best to keep it that way. Would extra features for refurbishing be nice... sure, it's a good way to keep the equipment making money during slow times. But, it's something that most of us can live without too. I'll take my 10% better success rate in recoveries over a 20% increase in the number of drives I can refurbish any day.

thatdellguy
New user

Postby thatdellguy » 15.07.16, 01:08

It would be a nice feature to have but I have zero interest in refurbishing drives. Personally, I don't see the point in refurbishing when drives are so c h e a p these days. Refurbishing is better left to the cheaper tools that come out of Hong Kong and China.

digitalsupport
New user

Postby digitalsupport » 16.07.16, 16:24

Also from my perspective, do not waste any resources on refurbishing. Not needed from my part of the world.

Blizzard
New user

Postby Blizzard » 16.07.16, 17:10

I would also like to see time and resources at Ace Labs dedicated to data recovery and not refurbishing. I understand, as Amarbir pointed out, that this is big business in other countries, if another company like DFL becomes the leader in drive refurbishing tools I don't really see that as a problem. The data recovery industry needs reliable recovery tools like the PC-3000 to stay on the cutting edge. As new drives/technology come out I don't want any delays in updates because time is being spent on improving the tool for refurbishing. On another note, I can't imagine selling refurbished drives. With my luck, the drive I sell for $25 today will cost me $125 tomorrow when I need it for a donor.

Tawfeek

Postby Tawfeek » 16.07.16, 21:02

with all my respect to you all ,, i still see that a lot of Data recovery business based on Repairing. i know that refreshing is another level of Repairing.but if you understand what is going on while refreshing , you know deeper about the drive and how it works and how to solve a lot of recovery steps. it's not just only about money .

Return to “PC-3000 Express, UDMA-E, Portable”