GREP-RAW references

Data recovery from Hard Disk Drives with logical problems

Moderator: Dmitriy_TS

protontech

GREP-RAW references

Postby protontech » 07.11.18, 13:04

Hy everybody

Now I have a case for MKV recovery. The client use a Synology NAS, he store MKV films on it what are rendered by him. See deleted/deleted object can't help, I thought raw recovery will, but MKV doesen't in the reference book.

I found a solution on blog, and according to it, I try add mkv grep, after that I try add it to raw reference, but unfortunately It doesn't work.I try it with a new task also, with a good hdd and mkv files only but it can't find it.I found a topic called "lifehack about raw recovery references" but i also try that.

I read a lot about this topic in this forum and also some other, but I can't find a complete description. Is there any Solution given by AceLab or somthing what can help? Or if anyone has a good MKV grep/reference I would very gratefull if you share it with me.

Thank you for your time!

Best regards, David

AJ2008

Re: GREP-RAW references

Postby AJ2008 » 07.11.18, 13:38

what is the file header you want to add and its offset relative to the start of the file?

protontech

Postby protontech » 07.11.18, 14:51

Sorry I forget to write the most important thing, he deleted the folder, and clear the bin...

Now I couldn't find good file on his drive, I'm trying to creat the reference from another MKV file. As the solution shows in blog. I attached a picture the result of my grep search for mkv.. As solution shows It looks good.

Here is the grep created by DE:
\xA3\xA3\x42\x86\x81\x01\x42\xF7\x81\x01\x42\xF2\x81\x04\x42\xF3\x81\x08\x42\x82\x88

Maybe this is OK..

Dear AJ2008, thanks for your time and answer! What are you mean about relative offset? Can you explain this pls? :?:

Another question is how I can add this grep to raw reference? Because grep looks good, but raw recovery can't find MKV files.. :shockable:
Attachments
mkvgrepresult.png
mkvgrepresult.png (16.68 KiB) Viewed 78 times

protontech

Postby protontech » 07.11.18, 15:50

It's look like the problem was solved with a new task.. I don't know the restore why doesn't work for references but now it find some mkv.

AJ2008

Postby AJ2008 » 09.11.18, 13:57

protontech wrote:Source of the post It's look like the problem was solved with a new task.. I don't know the restore why doesn't work for references but now it find some mkv.

Great :D

Return to “Data Extractor”