Time Machine Data Recover

Data recovery from Hard Disk Drives with logical problems

Moderator: Dmitriy_TS

lcoughey
User

Time Machine Data Recover

Postby lcoughey » 02.09.20, 16:37

Current case where I was able to fully clone the patient drive with Apple Time Machine backups on it. When I look at it with R-Studio, UFS Explorer and ReclaiMe I only see the new files added to the backup within each date. But, with DE, I can see the full structure and save it out, based on whatever backup date I'm trying to restore, which is awesome. What isn't awesome is that I'm trying to save out a backup instance of an iPhoto Library and it is running at an average speed of 33.6 KB/sec and after 17 hours, only saved out 2.1GB.

I don't know how much data there is to be restored as I cancelled the calculation process after it never even started to copy the files out after running all night the other night.

Anyway. Is this normal behavior to be so slow or is there something I can do to speed up the process?

ThomasH
New user

Re: Time Machine Data Recover

Postby ThomasH » 16.09.20, 08:27

Probably a dumb question, but have you tried just using a Mac and the time machine program since you got a full clone?
Sometimes even just using direct access or software on a Mac does better with time machine. I think there are variations though that work ok with PC/software. Still, when I have to get time machine files, I definitely have had better luck all around working on a Mac system.

lcoughey
User

Re: Time Machine Data Recover

Postby lcoughey » 16.09.20, 20:23

Seems like a reasonable question. Unfortunately, the reason the drive was here for recovery was due to file system issue that prevented the client and the apple technician from being able to see or access said time machine data.

Return to “Data Extractor”