Deleted .MOV recovery

Data recovery from Hard Disk Drives with logical problems

Moderator: Dmitriy_TS

protontech

Deleted .MOV recovery

Postby protontech » 18.09.19, 12:37

Hi everybody,

I'm facing a problem to recover videos created with Apple iPhone. It's an external HDD, client deleted a folder, which contains some video file.

I thought it's a simple deleted file recovery case, but I'm faceing a problem that, partition analyse can't found this MOV files. I ran raw recovery for the whole disk. It found some mov file. I tried the solution write in support blog, but files still can't open, and their size look too small. Is there any way to recover this files with succes? Right now I'm out of idea what should I do.

Best regards, David

DataMedics
Advanced user

Re: Deleted .MOV recovery

Postby DataMedics » 18.09.19, 22:04

Is the drive encrypted?

protontech

Postby protontech » 26.09.19, 11:54

Hi DataMedics,

The drive isn't encrypted, all other deleted file recovered, and they can be opened, just .mov files are damaged.

d_d_recovery

Postby d_d_recovery » 26.09.19, 16:13

Are you sure they are standard MOV files? Do you have a sample from the client that you can test and see the header?

lcoughey
New user

Postby lcoughey » 26.09.19, 18:05

What software are you using to scan the drive? Can you confirm that there was absolutely nothing written back to the drive after the folder was deleted?

protontech

Postby protontech » 27.09.19, 09:22

d_d_recovery wrote:Source of the post Are you sure they are standard MOV files? Do you have a sample from the client that you can test and see the header?

Dear d_d_recovery, I'm sure that they are apple MOV files, Client can't give sample to us, but I did a video with a same iphone model to check headers, headers looks correct, but the body and the size looking terrible

lcoughey wrote:Source of the post What software are you using to scan the drive? Can you confirm that there was absolutely nothing written back to the drive after the folder was deleted?

Dear Icoughey, first, I did it with DE, then I tried some third part software like EaseUS DR, etc. I can confirm that, as client said, he deleted a folder containing films, but there was a subfolder in it with family videos. As he said, when he realized that he unplug the drive and come to us with it.

lcoughey
New user

Postby lcoughey » 27.09.19, 14:46

protontech wrote:Dear Icoughey, first, I did it with DE, then I tried some third part software like EaseUS DR, etc. I can confirm that, as client said, he deleted a folder containing films, but there was a subfolder in it with family videos. As he said, when he realized that he unplug the drive and come to us with it.

EaseUS? I recommend spending the money on tech licenses for professional data recovery programs like UFS Explorer, R-Studio and ReclaiMe Pro.

Having PC3000+DE with EaseUS is like have a very expensive auto mechanic garage with a hydraulic lift and using dollar store wrenches.

protontech

Postby protontech » 02.10.19, 15:22

Dear Icoughey,

My question is a bit different then which software is usefull or which not. I know that, and I also have R-Studio, ReclaiMe and lots of other software. (I tried them in this case also.)

jojo2012
New user

Postby jojo2012 » 04.10.19, 10:24

Fully agree with Luke.

I have had some success in the past with this SW (Disk Drill) especially in RAW recovery and with video files.

Return to “Data Extractor”