New user

Re: Wish List for Data Extractor

Postby N.C. » 02.04.10, 13:09

It would be good to split lost of readiness event menu into 2 case:

1) lost of readiness on UDMA66 mode
2) lost of readiness on other modes

+ i am strongly want this option:

"[ ] stop the process and poweroff the drive"

This is why some of the drives needs soft reset only in UDMA mode (or don't need nothing in this mode) and i need to powerdown to prevent the drive from scratching but only in low-level modes, when the drive really losts readiness.

Additionally aggre with others, on the MAP view, the clicking to the LBA with right click, it should be more items, especially to select the state (forced green or similar)

I had one case wich had UNC in the extended partiton's table, but i have-re created the sector by hand, but there is no way to force the DE to use this sector from the target drive except manually hack into the map file. :D

Thanks,
Janos

ZeBong
User

Postby ZeBong » 03.04.10, 19:24

N.C. wrote: "[ ] stop the process and poweroff the drive"

i agree with Janos this option is need

Regards
Jose

-BR-
New user

Postby -BR- » 03.04.11, 06:28

Dear Roustam, Igor, Sasha and all Acelab support staff.

Hi!

I have more suggestions for DE, but I see this topic is almost an year old and some good sugestions were never implemented.

Do you guys at ACE are still taking suggestions from us users?
If yes, is this the best place register them, or do you prefer via pm or e-mail?

(I ask because you guys may have a lot of work to do, and maybe a lot of users making suggestions is not helping at all)

Thank you,
-BR-

ZeBong
User

Postby ZeBong » 03.04.11, 20:53

agree with more wish for DE.

i see that some wish where implemented.
is better to post what the users think for implementation that send by email.
because some users can repeat the suggestions :)

can someone fix the smiles that are missing...

Arthur

Postby Arthur » 08.10.13, 23:39

Arthur wrote:Audible Alarm

Sometimes when we run a task unattended, it would be nice to able to configure an audible alarm that triggers when reading errors is encountered. It should be possible to confirm and turn the alarm off. I think this could be very useful.

I still think it would be useful. Nobody else that think it would be a good feature ?

AJ2008

Postby AJ2008 » 09.10.13, 11:45

Arthur wrote:

Sometimes when we run a task unattended, it would be nice to able to configure an audible alarm that triggers when reading errors is encountered. It should be possible to confirm and turn the alarm off. I think this could be very useful.

I still think it would be useful. Nobody else that think it would be a good feature ?

The problem with this is the majority of cases you put to DE have some level of reading problems, this would simply be an annoyance

Arthur

Postby Arthur » 09.10.13, 15:53

AJ2008 wrote:
Arthur wrote:

The problem with this is the majority of cases you put to DE have some level of reading problems, this would simply be an annoyance

Yes, almost every case have reading problems. And I agree it would be annoying with DE beeping all the time. But as I wrote, it should be an option to turn this feature on - only when needed. There are situations where it would be very useful. At least in my lab.

bahrtzs2

Postby bahrtzs2 » 04.05.14, 12:32

Hi Dear Developpers,

For me very like it this video link, and it would be good this feature in DE ( i think, not only me like it ) : http://www.deepspar.com/media/DRE-OPS-Integration.avi

Please ponder this, thank you!

slack
New user

Postby slack » 06.06.14, 11:00

I propose to make one AUTO TASK CREATOR in DE, i want to make a task with one single click.

In many cases we need to create a task to diagnose the drive and we have many tasks to do every day.

I think is one good idea to create one more button in DE where to push it and to create one new task with some predefined options.

For example we can have one menu where we set on time the parameters :
- partition location
- make with copy
- bin size

When we push that button we will have one automatic task created in specified partition, name of folder can be generated from HDD Model + SN

This will make some economy of time every day and i think is not very difficult to do it.

thatdellguy
New user

Re: Feature request

Postby thatdellguy » 09.12.15, 03:01

Please add the normal "Ram head map editing" without initialization to "active utility actions" in DE for Samsung M8E. Would have saved me several days if that was in there and didn't have to set it manually every hour. Thanks.

lcoughey
User

Postby lcoughey » 10.12.15, 23:53

Any chance that you can add a file verification report similar to that which was recently added be DeepSpar?

Dmitriy_TS
Site Admin

Postby Dmitriy_TS » 18.12.15, 16:10

lcoughey wrote:Source of the post Any chance that you can add a file verification report similar to that which was recently added be DeepSpar?

Could you describe this feature?
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

AJ2008

Postby AJ2008 » 22.12.15, 16:42

Also, some feature to clear map of unread/erroneously read sectors between passes when imaging with multiple passes would be useful.

Dmitriy_TS
Site Admin

Postby Dmitriy_TS » 22.12.15, 21:28

Hi,

AJ2008 wrote:Source of the post Also, some feature to clear map of unread/erroneously read sectors between passes when imaging with multiple passes would be useful.

I have already forwarded this request to developers.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

AJ2008

Postby AJ2008 » 23.12.15, 11:38

Thanks Dmitry :)

Return to “Data Extractor”