Create report on files with bad sectors

Data recovery from Hard Disk Drives with logical problems

Moderator: Dmitriy_TS

edbrandt
New user

Create report on files with bad sectors

Postby edbrandt » 21.11.18, 10:27

Hi there.

Is it possible to create a report (easy to read for customer) on files with bad sectors?

I've done scanning on a 3TB drive with bad areas on platters (head 3 and 5), so I create a submap using legend "Bad sectors". How can I export a file-list to the customer from here?

Another thing.. The customer has a huge selection of audiobooks, sorted by writer, title, chapter. Many of these books are affected by bad sectors - in this case he don't care about saving the whole book (he will download the whole book again, rather than having a incomplete book rescued). However, complete books he would like to keep. So.. would it be possible to use the map of bad sectors and import it to (or subtract it from) the .acerep file where he marked the file structure he cared about?

Thanks

-Espen

Blizzard
New user

Re: Create report on files with bad sectors

Postby Blizzard » 21.11.18, 14:28

Maybe this will work for you: Select the folders/files you plan on saving for the customer. Right click and choose "Generate Report on Marked Files and Folders".

edbrandt
New user

Re: Create report on files with bad sectors

Postby edbrandt » 21.11.18, 14:42

Well, no... That requires me to manually check files first. The map already tells me which files are good or not, but I don't see a way to generate a report from map (I can save map, but that file isn't good enough to present to customer)

Return to “Data Extractor”