Seagate -> Translator Issues And NRG Issues

Moderator: Dmitriy_TS

Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
Advanced user

Seagate -> Translator Issues And NRG Issues

Postby Amarbir[CDR-Labs] » 20.12.17, 10:28

Hello everyone ,
I am not very knowledgeable in seagate HDD f3 architecture but i am always eager to learn .Recently I have Seagate Drives Coming My Way With Translator Issues .Few Are Handled By Some Data Recovery Company Few Are Untouched .Today i Got a 418AS 500GB 3.5" SATa Desktop With The Following Issue " No Host FIS " . Well The Drive Went To Terminal Smoothly Checking Translator Showed Nothing and Hence Translator Regeneration Was Necessary .Before This i Backed Up SMP Volume 03 93h Sys File , Plist 1B Volume 03 Sys File And NRG List 35h File i Could Not Read Translator Sys File 28h .When i Tested The NRG List i Could See Some entries Some Means Just One entry . As Drive Was Not Working In ATA Mode i just did a Translator Regeneration using in level 0 using command m0,6,2,,,,,22 command and i get a partial access problem . This Problem Has To Comeup As NRG List Enteries Were There .Is There a Command In Terminal To Delete NRG List ? . What Procedure Do I Have To Follow If I Need To Avoid Partial Access Issue .I Do Have sys File 35h from volume 03 in this case
Attachments
IMG20171220112551.jpg
IMG20171220112551.jpg (5.02 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Regards
Amarbir S Dhillon ,CDR Labs [ Chandigarh ,India ]
DataRecovery - The Affordable Way In India
Visit - > http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com My Facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/chandigarhdatarecovery

AJ2008

Re: Seagate -> Translator Issues And NRG Issues

Postby AJ2008 » 20.12.17, 11:19

You can regen translator while taking this list into account, (m0,6,3 command if I remember right?) or you could backup translator module and restore it after regen, this should work. There are options to recover it automatically in the event you cant retain NRG and it is possible to add entries directly to slip list and any regen after this would include NRG entries

Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
Advanced user

Postby Amarbir[CDR-Labs] » 21.12.17, 05:39

AJ2008 wrote:Source of the post You can regen translator while taking this list into account, (m0,6,3 command if I remember right?) or you could backup translator module and restore it after regen, this should work. There are options to recover it automatically in the event you cant retain NRG and it is possible to add entries directly to slip list and any regen after this would include NRG entries

Well,
M0,6,3 Command will take into account Alt List Not NRG List .Are You Saying If Sys File Like Vol 03 File ID 28h is not readable before this issue i should read module of translator ? . In Few Cases the tool is able to parse the modules sys files etc in some cases not .Can You Explain This a Bit " There are options to recover it automatically in the event you cant retain NRG and it is possible to add entries directly to slip list and any regen after this would include NRG entries "
Regards
Amarbir S Dhillon ,CDR Labs [ Chandigarh ,India ]
DataRecovery - The Affordable Way In India
Visit - > http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com My Facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/chandigarhdatarecovery

Dmitriy_TS
Site Admin

Postby Dmitriy_TS » 22.12.17, 22:49

Hello Amarbir,

You can remove all items from NRGL using the option for defect lists in PC-3000 functionality.
The option 'Translator recover' automatically hides small defects, but it has some problem with track defects.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

Return to “Arch F3”