SED Locked -- all data damaged

Moderator: Maxim_TS

Maxim_TS
Site Admin

Re: SED Locked -- all data damaged

Postby Maxim_TS » 11.05.18, 16:17

Thanks to northwind for good backup made before any actions with SA, I'm not sure if we could get the data without the original 02 :wink:
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
Advanced user

Postby Amarbir[CDR-Labs] » 13.05.18, 11:25

Maxim_TS wrote:Source of the post Sorry for delay guys. New 02 has been sent to northwind, let's wait for result.

Maxim Buddy ,
Can you share and explain what you did to his mod 02 ?
Regards
Amarbir S Dhillon ,CDR Labs [ Chandigarh ,India ]
DataRecovery - The Affordable Way In India
Visit - > http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com My Facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/chandigarhdatarecovery

Maxim_TS
Site Admin

Postby Maxim_TS » 15.05.18, 16:41

Amarbir[CDR-Labs], I hope to make a new article in Blog about this and similar issues someday. Until that please feel free to contact us in Technical Support if you get such cases.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

sin

Postby sin » 28.08.20, 01:30

GREAT JOB.. This is seen across other families too ...I believe TresXLB2 as well.
Also, first hand experience with Diablo3S WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 series.

The slow responding problem for 00D8PB0 can be tackled in a different way altogether specially the BSY problem that does not even solve after implimenting slow responding fix(on some other tool :P ) .

Even DDI will image the MFT area nicely and will show files. Even the flie status will be high and they may not work due to the induced offset.
Just a few files will work.

However, for GIANT it will be worth noting all 01 values below the off set 0x672..... Mostly people clear content after this offset(ASCII XXXXXX) and run into supreme issues.
The issues are as supreme as supreme leader Alladin of the movie Dictator and for certain drives, the SED is turned off too sadly so they face offset + encryption.

Possibly, in the upper portion of the mod as well one should inspect patternless loner 01s.

Worth noting 01 values that are not seen in any pattern before or after and inclusive of it. Eg xx01 JUNK JUNK xx01 or something similar like aa 01 00 aa 01 can be usually the flags.

A flag value would always be singular mostly and possibly will not be in any pattern around which includes 01 itself.
Turn those secluded patternless 01s on ,recalc and save.

Let me know if some body is willing to experiement. The Diablo3s i am talking about is there in my hand, the case stands done with full recovery without any offsets and I am willing to experiment to find out the exact offset.
Let me find some time. May be this Sunday.

However, it can be also a different series/combination of hex values that turn on or off a particular register..like the attached CPSR...we can see only 1s and 0s...no ABCDEF
However thats purely binary....translation to Hex opcodes will involve all the 16 characters... Right?

I can be wrong, but worth the try to enhance knowledgebase.
Would love to wait for the blog.

--
Attachments
CPSR.png
example CSPR of ARM.
CPSR.png (12.24 KiB) Viewed 208 times

Doomer
New user

Postby Doomer » 28.08.20, 18:04

sin, can you stop necro-posting, please?

sin

Postby sin » 28.08.20, 20:01

no.
Refer https://forum.acelaboratory.com/faq.php
mentions nothing about the same.
Knowledgebase is knowledge base. And I shall follow up this thread with the WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 case. :)
--

Doomer
New user

Postby Doomer » 28.08.20, 21:56

I wonder who decided that your post is related to knowledge base

sin

Postby sin » 28.08.20, 23:17

!=doomer.

Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
Advanced user

Postby Amarbir[CDR-Labs] » 12.09.20, 14:19

sin wrote:Source of the post GREAT JOB.. This is seen across other families too ...I believe TresXLB2 as well.
Also, first hand experience with Diablo3S WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 series.

The slow responding problem for 00D8PB0 can be tackled in a different way altogether specially the BSY problem that does not even solve after implimenting slow responding fix(on some other tool :P ) .

Even DDI will image the MFT area nicely and will show files. Even the flie status will be high and they may not work due to the induced offset.
Just a few files will work.

However, for GIANT it will be worth noting all 01 values below the off set 0x672..... Mostly people clear content after this offset(ASCII XXXXXX) and run into supreme issues.
The issues are as supreme as supreme leader Alladin of the movie Dictator and for certain drives, the SED is turned off too sadly so they face offset + encryption.

Possibly, in the upper portion of the mod as well one should inspect patternless loner 01s.

Worth noting 01 values that are not seen in any pattern before or after and inclusive of it. Eg xx01 JUNK JUNK xx01 or something similar like aa 01 00 aa 01 can be usually the flags.

A flag value would always be singular mostly and possibly will not be in any pattern around which includes 01 itself.
Turn those secluded patternless 01s on ,recalc and save.

Let me know if some body is willing to experiement. The Diablo3s i am talking about is there in my hand, the case stands done with full recovery without any offsets and I am willing to experiment to find out the exact offset.
Let me find some time. May be this Sunday.

However, it can be also a different series/combination of hex values that turn on or off a particular register..like the attached CPSR...we can see only 1s and 0s...no ABCDEF
However thats purely binary....translation to Hex opcodes will involve all the 16 characters... Right?

I can be wrong, but worth the try to enhance knowledgebase.
Would love to wait for the blog.

--

Well,
We Appreciate you got PC 3000 Portable Now after all the other useless tools ,But your posts make zero sense mostly ,This is acelab forums if you keep doing this we will be forced to mark your posts and send to acelab for removal .

PS : Stick To The Topic ,Thats What Doomer is Saying to you
Regards
Amarbir S Dhillon ,CDR Labs [ Chandigarh ,India ]
DataRecovery - The Affordable Way In India
Visit - > http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com My Facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/chandigarhdatarecovery

Return to “WD Marvell”