HM502JX no power on PCB

Moderator: Alex_TS

recovery

HM502JX no power on PCB

Postby recovery » 28.01.16, 16:09

I have a Samsung USB HM502JX. No power on PCB. I have a functional PCB from an older donor. Swapping the PCB launches the motor, but the drive is not seen in Windows device manager. I think a ROM need to be swapped. What do you think. This is the PCB:

DataMedics
Advanced user

Re: HM502JX no power on PCB

Postby DataMedics » 30.01.16, 01:17

If the firmware revision was the same, likely wouldn't need to swap anything on the PCB. However if it isn't working it's either off or the heads are bad too.

Before you resort to that I'd try checking all those zero ohm resistors on there to see if all you have is a simple blown resistor you can bypass.

Alex_TS
Site Admin

Postby Alex_TS » 04.02.16, 10:11

I suggest you to solder SATA connector to original PCB and check https://yadi.sk/i/GjNDQseXctuD9
Also your donor PCB could be not compatible. Compatibility criteria is same same platformId (same family and processor), take care about it :wink:

DataMedics
Advanced user

Postby DataMedics » 04.02.16, 22:44

Pavel_TS wrote:Source of the post I suggest you to solder SATA connector to original PCB and check https://yadi.sk/i/GjNDQseXctuD9
Also your donor PCB could be not compatible. Compatibility criteria is same same platformId (same family and processor), take care about it :wink:

He says the drive has no power, which I assume means it's not spinning up. So I don't think soldering on a SATA will help until that problem is addressed.

Filipp_TS
Site Admin

Postby Filipp_TS » 08.02.16, 10:53

Hello,

My opinion regarding this case is:
-set the donor pcb with patient ROM chip, soldered SATA adapter and connected terminal.
Switch on the power supply and check the behavior, take a look on LEDs and in to the terminal report.
FInd a problem, then perform a steps for solving it
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

Return to “Samsung USB”