HTS541010A7E630 - Strange Drive

Moderators: Maxim_TS, Filipp_TS, Garry_TS, Sergey_TS

shahi
New user

HTS541010A7E630 - Strange Drive

Postby shahi » 15.05.19, 21:25

I had a 3 years old case same model. Writing about a new case.

In past, I received 3-4 pcs of this model.
Symptom # DRIVE READY IN 2-3 SECONDS. but no detection. Once we try UTILITY, then drive IDs, shows SN, FW but capacity 0. Once we try to see NVRAM, it shows wrong head map.I tested on good and bad drive. In both case its wrong headmap.

If we try to hear the internal behaviour, we can hear its spinning very nice and smooth. No abnormal noise, but drive doesn't calibrate. If we go for precise hearing, the head actually doesnt move from ramp, it stays in ramp. I have opened a hdd earlier with similar symptom and behaviour, exactly same what I noticed.

PS # There is no exact utility for this model but we use 5450A7 utility for this case.

To solve this issue, we tried different combination, but all the cases were unsuccessful.
1. We tried PCB Replacement, same
2. HSA SWAP, it remains same.
3. Tried to read SA, but inaccessible.

Have you ever faced this model with such situation?
Today, I have another new case with exactly same behaviour. Tried LDR with same model, still SA is ubreadable.

Whats your experience?

Sergey_TS
Site Admin

Re: HTS541010A7E630 - Strange Drive

Postby Sergey_TS » 12.06.19, 13:52

shahi, Hello!

shahi wrote:Source of the post Once we try to see NVRAM, it shows wrong head map.I tested on good and bad drive. In both case its wrong headmap

Similar case already has been discussed here :arrow: https://forum.acelaboratory.com/viewtop ... 161&t=9614

shahi wrote:Source of the post Have you ever faced this model with such situation?

Unfortunately a lot of... :(
If heads swap doesn't help nothing to advise.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

Return to “HGST/Toshiba (Arch ARM)”