Sandisk X300 256GB mSATA not registering Topic is solved

Moderators: Roman_TS, Filipp_TS, Sergey_TS

ovidiui

Sandisk X300 256GB mSATA not registering

Postby ovidiui » 03.12.21, 17:51

Hey everyone,

I have some issues with a 256GB mSATA Sandisk X300 SD7Sf6s-256G SSD

The drive is powering on, power delivery is good however PC-3000 is unable to detected it, showing as in the photo below.

I checked power points on PCB and power delivery is good. The Marvel CPU is getting warmer when powered, so power is going to it. There are no burnt fuses on it either.
I see that the drive is supported by PC-3000 SSD, however the drive does not go into ready/busy, safe mode...

Is there anything else I could try?
The PC-3000 utility for Sandisk does show support for X300, and also shows support for connecting through terminal. Would anyone know what pins I need to solder for the terminal connection?

Roman_TS
Site Admin

Re: Sandisk X300 256GB mSATA not registering  Topic is solved

Postby Roman_TS » 03.12.21, 18:12

Hello,

I'm afraid that the X300 family is under limited support. We can initialize the drive, read the dumps, rebuild the translator, check the NAND information and make a resources backup only if the drive fully working. So, it is good mostly for firmware research and healthy drive diagnostic, but not for data recovery.

Complete support of Marvell CPU you can find only in Sandisk Ultra II, Sandisk SSD Plus and WD Blue.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

ovidiui

Re: Sandisk X300 256GB mSATA not registering

Postby ovidiui » 06.12.21, 13:03

Roman_TS wrote:Source of the post Hello,

I'm afraid that the X300 family is under limited support. We can initialize the drive, read the dumps, rebuild the translator, check the NAND information and make a resources backup only if the drive fully working. So, it is good mostly for firmware research and healthy drive diagnostic, but not for data recovery.

Complete support of Marvell CPU you can find only in Sandisk Ultra II, Sandisk SSD Plus and WD Blue.

Figured that might be the case. Just wanted to ask to make sure.
Thanks Roman for your answer.
Have a great week

Return to “Other SSD”