Support for SM2244LT

Moderators: Roman_TS, Filipp_TS, Sergey_TS

DataMedics
Advanced user

Support for SM2244LT

Postby DataMedics » 16.08.16, 20:17

First off let me just say that I don't yet have SSD edition, but am considering investing in it soon. I've got here an off brand SSD with a Silicon Motion controller SM2244LT which is stuck BSY. Is this a supported controller? If so, I'm thinking of using my free trial of the SSD edition that I was offered a while back to see how it goes. Customer is in a rush on this one.

Thanks!

Roman_TS
Site Admin

Re: Support for SM2244LT

Postby Roman_TS » 17.08.16, 14:18

Hello. SM-based ssd will be added in next release of PC-3000 SSD. But we need to know exact model of your drive. All SM-based SSD are similar, but there might be difference between firmware and technological modes.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

lcoughey
New user

Postby lcoughey » 17.08.16, 18:26

...to be released just after your license expires, based my experience over the past few years. It would be nice to see monthly updates, or, at the very least, quarterly updates, rather than 1 or, sometimes 2, updates a year.

DataMedics
Advanced user

Postby DataMedics » 17.08.16, 21:03

It's this model here: http://www.esaitech.com/biwin-cmi59ms14 ... drive.html (the picture of this one shows a Sandforce controller, but it's not)

I'll just have to let the customer know that recovery isn't possible right now, but sometime down the road it might be.

Roman_TS
Site Admin

Postby Roman_TS » 18.08.16, 16:44

lcoughey wrote:Source of the post ...to be released just after your license expires, based my experience over the past few years. It would be nice to see monthly updates, or, at the very least, quarterly updates, rather than 1 or, sometimes 2, updates a year.

We release our updates only when we finished developing and testing. Some large features might take several months of developing, and you perfectly know about that. We release new versions only if we have enough features for making new update.

I'll just have to let the customer know that recovery isn't possible right now, but sometime down the road it might be.

If you want to increase the speed of developing your model, you can send it for developer research. It would be for free :)
At the same time we will try to add your model of SSD in support list and recover data without waiting for several month. The main problem of SM2244\SM2246\SM2256 drives is that sometimes they might be very similar from one model to another, but sometimes our developers for working with technological mode should rewrite loaders, which might be incompatible. That's why if you want to get data from it as fast as possible - better to send it for us.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

Return to “Other SSD”