New Model Hard Disk With PC3K

Moderator: Maxim_TS

DRCSL

New Model Hard Disk With PC3K

Postby DRCSL » 01.12.18, 15:01

Hello, My Friends,,

please check attached pictures.

Why This Both Hard disk not support with pc3k ??

both hard disk have WD PCB ( 2060-800066-004),

HDD Vendor & Utilities Auto select WD Marvell, but Supported family not detect.

both hard disk have slow responding busy error,

please help to me solve this case.

Thanks,
Attachments
software.jpg
software.jpg (276.05 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
HGST.jpg
HGST.jpg (433.37 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
WD.jpg
WD.jpg (404.9 KiB) Viewed 2973 times

GuideRecovery
New user

Re: New Model Hard Disk With PC3K

Postby GuideRecovery » 06.12.18, 18:28

Its Palmer family drive, not supported by pc3000 so far.

try imaging drive directly without doing anything if you can, these drives have very strange behavior when it comes to head problem, Heads will read fine where there is no data stored, where data is on sector it gives problem. if this is the case, you need to change heads.
Regards
Wasim Zafar
Professional & Cost Effective Data Recovery Services in Pakistan
https://mindmergepk.com

Doomer
New user

Postby Doomer » 06.12.18, 22:06

GuideRecovery wrote:Source of the post
try imaging drive directly without doing anything if you can,

Good way to kill data w/o possibility to reverse the damage
This is WD SMR drive and such drives have some bugs/features in FW where they can kill it's own SMR translation tables in certain situations. After that drive would return zeros on any LBAs. So far such damage is irreversible(unless you have SA backup before the damage).
Risk of this damage increases on unstable drives (usual case for data recovery)
GuideRecovery wrote:Source of the post
these drives have very strange behavior when it comes to head problem, Heads will read fine where there is no data stored,

it's because heads don't read where is no data stored, the drive simply returns zeros instead of reading data much like SSDs

I suggest to outsource the drive to people who can work with this model

shahi
New user

Postby shahi » 23.12.18, 00:06

DFL Released an unlocked PCB, they say such cases can be handled with this one. Not sure if it really works

Doomer
New user

Postby Doomer » 23.12.18, 02:39

shahi wrote:Source of the post DFL Released an unlocked PCB, they say such cases can be handled with this one. Not sure if it really works

If they can restore "zeroed out" drives that would be magical. I know they claim they can but I'm skeptical. Theoretically a (very)partial recovery is possible but even to do that it's DR nightmare.

shahi
New user

Postby shahi » 12.02.19, 07:30

Doomer wrote:Source of the post
shahi wrote:Source of the post DFL Released an unlocked PCB, they say such cases can be handled with this one. Not sure if it really works

If they can restore "zeroed out" drives that would be magical. I know they claim they can but I'm skeptical. Theoretically a (very)partial recovery is possible but even to do that it's DR nightmare.

Today was trying to image a drive 75% area was smooth image. 25% area yellow marked/skipped.

It looks like to me data area was skipped to read. Rest area where no data resides were readable smoothly

Maxim_TS
Site Admin

Postby Maxim_TS » 19.02.19, 13:29

shahi wrote:Source of the post DFL Released an unlocked PCB

DonorDrives have released the unlocked drive as well: http://www.donordrives.com/unlocked-wd1 ... drive.html

It's suggested to read the patient ROM via programming device, then write the dump into donor PCB in order to do not damage it by often resolderings.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

fastec

Postby fastec » 23.05.19, 12:09

shahi wrote:
Doomer wrote:Source of the post

Today was trying to image a drive 75% area was smooth image. 25% area yellow marked/skipped.

It looks like to me data area was skipped to read. Rest area where no data resides were readable smoothly

I'm EXACTLY in the same situation ....

"Today was trying to image a drive 75% area was smooth image. 25% area yellow marked/skipped.

"

but this mean that (on a 1000GB hdd) LBAs from round about ROUGHLY 500.000.000 towards the 1.953.525.168 are read fine, while the ones from roughly 500M down to 0 are not read

though in PIO mode reverse order you understand that from a certain head-LBA-chain down it reads slowly and slowly until no read at all

Mike_Montgomery

Postby Mike_Montgomery » 23.05.19, 16:30

Isn't this something to do with 2nd translator layer ?

Mike_Montgomery

Postby Mike_Montgomery » 23.05.19, 16:43

Just read Doomers post, this is what I meant :)

shahi
New user

Postby shahi » 23.05.19, 23:38

My case was successful by the way

Doomer
New user

Postby Doomer » 23.05.19, 23:59

fastec wrote:Source of the post

but this mean that (on a 1000GB hdd) LBAs from round about ROUGHLY 500.000.000 towards the 1.953.525.168 are read fine, while the ones from roughly 500M down to 0 are not read

though in PIO mode reverse order you understand that from a certain head-LBA-chain down it reads slowly and slowly until no read at all

Sounds like bad heads

Return to “WD Marvell”