With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

osity
User

Re: Need a pinout for this Sandisk Monolith

Postby osity » 13.09.19, 02:22

They have the pinout I need, but it says at the bottom of the page that they do not provide pinouts. They only offer the complete data recovery service.

Roman_TS
Site Admin

Postby Roman_TS » 13.09.19, 10:11

Well, as I know only ACELab has opened DB of pinouts. We can share it because it's just a part of our service and we do not focused only on monoliths.

But if we are talking about small companies, what's the point to share pinout, if it will not brings you money? So, fair enough - you sending them a monolith, they help you with recovery. For small companies it's a reasonable income item. Every pinout - is a pretty valuable because research process is not easy and engineer have to spend a lot of time before he will get a layout of monolith. If he will sell it, this monolith will appear into the Internet and everyone will get an opportunity to use it.
With best regards
ACELab technical support
ts.acelaboratory.com
blog.acelaboratory.com

lcoughey
New user

Postby lcoughey » 13.09.19, 14:57

osity wrote:Source of the post They have the pinout I need, but it says at the bottom of the page that they do not provide pinouts. They only offer the complete data recovery service.

Then your question should be, "what equipment do I need to get started in pinout discovery?" For me, the need to discover pinouts is so rare, it is more profitable to outsource the few jobs a year to a lab who has already made the investment. Arvika seems to be the most logical choice, in my opinion.

osity
User

Postby osity » 13.09.19, 18:41

oh I know exactly what we need for the discovery of pinouts. For us it's also a question of whether it's worth it or not for the time required to do it. It's a rare requirement for us also but they do show up from time to time. I'd be fine purchasing them if there was a source.

Return to “Monolithic devices recovery”